The Painfully-Obvious Reason:
If you leave the house every day with a smartphone or tablet, you already know the problem. You’ve almost surely visited a site on your mobile device that wasn’t mobile-friendly.
The usual problems:
- Pinch-zooming to read small text
- Panning around to find what you’re looking for
- Encountering menus and other elements which often don’t work on mobile devices.
If you’re like me (and lots of other people), you’ll abandon the website and find a better company that cares about its mobile customers.
A mobile-friendly website eliminates these painful issues.
It does this by:
Checking the screen size, and if mobile…
- Sizing and positioning its text and images for mobile
- Removing/replacing elements that don’t make sense on small screens
- Using a small hamburger (thumb) menu.
- Eliminating space-wasting padding and margins to make everything fit
The SEO Reason:
There’s another big reason to go mobile-friendly
Last year, Google began warning website owners who weren’t mobile-friendly that their sites would be penalized in Google’s search results.
What does this mean?
- It means that if your website isn’t mobile-friendly, it’s placement in Google search will be lower than others, or last in the list, when someone searches a keyword in your profession or industry.
- To put it more simply: Potential customers and clients won’t find you.
If you’re happy with your website’s current look and feel, we can retain it and convert it to a mobile-friendly site.
Or if you prefer, we'll design a new look for you, one that's beautiful, engaging, and modern!
Either way, your website will be one your customers (and Google) will love you for!